Grown Up Grill Cheese Sandwiches – great comfort food for the big kids.
As with any recipe, if there are any ingredients you don’t like – you can remove or replace with something you like.
• Red onion
• Garlic clove
• Shredded reduced-fat sharp white cheddar cheese
• White bread
• Fresh spinach leaves
• Center-cut bacon
1. Saute sliced onion and garlic in saucepan with a little bit of oil, or in bacon grease after done cooking bacon.
2. Sprinkle cheese on bread then layer remaining ingredients and sprinkle more cheese on top before placing other slice of bread.
3. Spray pan with cooking spray and heat sandwich evenly on each side.
- slice cheese (any flavor) instead of shredded
- lettuce instead of spinach leaves (although if you haven’t tried then you really should!)
- I usually leave off the onion and garlic
If I really want to make this meal quicker: I just throw sliced cheese and some lunch meat on it and call it a day.
Feel free to have the sandwich as a quick meal or you can have it on the side with a warm bowl of soup. Look for my recipe for homemade minestrone soup here.
Have a recipe you would like to share? Leave it in the comment section below or send me an email.