Hamburger Rice Casserole – an all time favorite meal in our house!
1 pound hamburger
2 cups instant rice
2 – 10 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans (empty soup cans) milk
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Brown hamburger meat until no longer pink then spread in bottom of a 9″ by 13″ baking dish or cake pan.
2. Pour rice evenly over hamburger.
3. Mix soup and milk in a bowl with a whisk then pour over hamburger/rice in pan.
4. Mix all ingredients well in pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
As with any recipes, you make changes to suit your taste. Here are a few different ways I have made it:
- add chopped onion when cooking hamburger (half to whole onion, depending on size and how much you like onion)
- mix in a can of green beans (or whatever you like)
- seasoning is the cook’s preference
- sprinkle shredded cheese on top when casserole is done, leave in oven for a minute or so, until cheese melts
If it looks a little dry when it gets done – don’t fret – just add a little milk and stir!