This is a favorite snack at our house! You can also serve as a side dish. You can buy these already breaded in the store but why pay the extra money? and not get as much?
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and washed (you can use frozen or canned as well – thaw frozen and rinse canned)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chilli pepper, depending on how spicy you like (cayenne works too. I just use season salt or a dash of old bay – I don’t do spicy well lol)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Takes about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes for cooking. You can freeze after breaded and re-heat in oven for about 20 minutes, or until browned.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
1. Toss the green beans with the oil in a large bowl.
2. Mix together the breadcrumbs and spices in another bowl.
3. Pour the breadcrumb mixture into the large bowl with the green beans and toss.
4. Lay them out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned.
5.Toss them half way through cooking for the best results.
I have made these and not tossed but you can try it both ways and see which has the best results for you.